Sunday, April 6, 2008

I'm in the club!!

Well...... and the results....... I passed!!! Did good on all areas. Strted with pretrip which was done inside a garage which was good because it's rainy here. After that was the skills in which I only had a minus 4 points. I had three pull ups in alley dock and I wasn't close enough to a square on one of the pararrells. Then I started the road test in pouring rain. Right out of the gate I got nervous and forgot what gear I was in. So I was grinding like crazy until I came to almost a stop and slammed third. Whew! She didn't tell me to turn around, so once my nerves were calmed I wasn't grinding anymore. The only thing she mentioned at the end was that I didn't look enough on some interesections and my shifting was rough at first but improved through the whole trip. I made sure and had three SMOOTH downshifts to go back to the test site. When I got back from school I had a phone message from a company and my orientation is next week. I am now in the big rigs club.

No comments: