Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 11

Day 11,

Got some major range time today. All is going well. The instructor may have started to lose patience with another student today. Don't get me wrong, the teacher is EXTREMELY patient but he seemed to get a little frustrated towards the end of the day with her. He thinks we can be on the road tomorrow. (Maybe)We were also told that testing wouldn't be until April 2nd or 3rd. The students in the second truck got to go on the road for the first time. One thing I would like to mention. Every now and then while watching the others I get to thinking. Trucking has all these hurdles. First you have school, then testing, then applications, then orientation to a company, then the company's screening process, then their road test, then their training, then if you are lucky and don't screw up you become a driver. And then you hope the company is good because you want to stick with them for a year at least to learn the ropes. Not to mention all the changes that have to be made at home and how it affects my family and such. Sometimes I think it's a huge weight on one's shoulders. But then I remind myself this is a major change, probably the boldest move of my life. I just hope I get to the other side.

No comments: