Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 13

Day 13,

A day late but just got my internet back on. Went to class yesterday at 1pm. We went in later to experience night driving. Did pretrip and then we did some backing practice. Also did some blindside alley docking. At about dusk we got in the truck and headed for Lebanon, MO. Didn't do much in town driving. On the highway I am doing well. My downshifts are getting more consistant. The important part is plan ahead and not panic if you screw up. If you miss a gear, control the truck and rpms and find the gear. I am sure shifting will be easier once one can float the gears. Something I have noticed. Today and yesterday I have been on a stretch of about 200 miles of I44. (I went to Joplin in my minivan tonight) A couple of jobs (nondriving) a couple of years ago had me on I44 all the time so I would see a lot of trucking companies. It seems like I wasn't seeing the same ones as I used to. Sure there was the usuals CFI, Prime, Schneider, swift, Werner, Covenant, but I saw a lot that I haven't seen or heard of much. I also snagged a trucking magazine and saw all kinds of companies that were new to me. I wondered why that was.Well Monday I am going to the DMV before class to get my Hazmat written out of the way. Til next time

No comments: